Thursday, December 14, 2000

Hello again. Sorry to have taken so long to write a new entry to this website. A new blog, if you will (if I have my terminology correct, that is). What is a blog, anyways? It sounds like a word someone made up with the intentions of making sound wierd, almost offensive, yet new and foreign. I don't know. Maybe if I actually read the main website for this whole blogspot thing, I would find out. That would be the logical thing to do. I probably won't.

I spent the entire day on Tuesday studying for my big astronomy test. You know, without any exaggeration, I can honestly say that I spent more time studying for that test than every other test I've ever taken in my life combined. Seriously, I never study. Did it do any good, you ask? Well, I believe so. Maybe. I answered 15 of the 20 questions on the test (which is more than usual in this class), and I feel confident that I got most of those right. But I guess time will tell.

As a sort of celebration for the end of my semester, I headed up to Ogden last night with my old roommate Nick to participate in an open blues jam at a bar up there. A pleasant time was had by all, I am sure. Most fortunately for me, I wasn't able to hear my bass very well, seeing as how I was plugged directly into the board and run through the P.A., and I didn't have a monitor. Why was this favorable, you may ask? Because I didn't hear any of the mistakes I was sure I was making. Another great thing about playing the bass in these situations: bass solos are much more rare and prominent than guitar solos, so when I had the occasion to impress, impress I did.

Okay, so I've been typing for a while, and I would like to stop. Talk to you soon.