Tuesday, August 28, 2012

So a patient yelled at Heather today because she claims the contacts her daughter purchased were the wrong color.  But this was four months after they bought the contacts.  Apparently this was such a horrible offense on our part that the lady threatened to take her business elsewhere. Not knowing what to say, Heather just said she was sorry that she felt that way.  That only seemed to make her more angry, and she said she was upset that Heather wasn't fighting harder to try to keep her business.


No, lady.  The world doesn't work that way, ok?  When you blow things this out of proportion and act irrational and unpleasant, hearing that you won't be bothering us anymore is welcome news.


Anyways, I got to say goodbye to the Fiat today.  I took a picture, because, well, I don't know.  The whole point of me blogging again is because my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, and I figured having pictures of things will help too.


It was cool and tiny and all, but boy was the engine lacking.  I'm so used to the Fit having so much "pep," as this awesome old English dude described it once.  I'd stomp on the gas in the Fiat and wait for something to happen.  To make matters a little less bearable, I forgot my car pool lane pass in the Fit, so I was left having to drive home in the main lanes... like some sort of commoner.


So Madeleine had to be punished by keeping her in her room all afternoon until dinner.  Emily had bought her fries and a frosty at Wendy's, but when they got home, Maddy was infuriated to learn that she didn't purchase any chicken nuggets, and screamed at Emily.  This is happening too much, unfortunately, and we need to find ways of punishing her to make her realize that it's wrong.  Yelling right back at her doesn't teach her to resolve her issues properly, so Emily kept her cool and told her that she just had to spend the afternoon alone in her room.


Maddy was still angry when I came home, and demanded to be let out.  But I had to calmly explain that since she felt that way, then she had not learned her lesson and deserved her punishment.  When dinner time came, her attitude had changed, and the rest of the evening is a pleasant one.  But seriously, the way she acts sometimes terrifies me.  Mostly because I worry about not being able to correct the bad behavior, and her distancing herself from me as an adult.  She could easily break my heart into a million pieces if she wanted to, because I love her so much.


On a happier note though, Liam was a fun little friend to me tonight.  He came with me to the garden to pick green beans, and when we left, turned and waved and said "bye, garden."  He has also been impersonating Sir Kay from The Sword and the Stone, saying in a hoarse voice "Quiet, Wart!"  And he surprised me later by singing his best rendition of the Caillou theme song, ending with a little, high-pitched "It's me!" at the end.  He is such a cutie!