Sunday, February 16, 2003

You can throw the baby Moses as the spiders, but he just bounces and smiles.

Speaking of warm weather, I think that March is going to come in like a lamb and go out like a lambchop. With all this global warming, I don't think we'll see too much snow. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, it will rain like a mad fucker, so that we don't get our asses spanked by a drought this summer. I mean, well, we're going to get spanked regardless, but if it doesn't even rain, well, then the proper term would actually be flogged. We will get our asses flogged by a drought. But you know what? If global warming continues, then eventually we'll heat up enough that Canada will feel like Southern California. Anyways, I'll live inland, because with that much global warming, all of the coastal areas will be wiped out. Is it me, or doesn't this scare the shit out of any of you? Like I told Joe, only the human race is arrogant enough to take on a freaking PLANET. Do you know how insignificantly small a human is next to the earth? That's like, an X-Wing taking on the Death Star. (wait a minute...) Oh, speaking of Death Stars, I watched Return of the Jedi yesterday, and I realized something. In the beginning where the yellow words float by on their way into outer space, in the second paragraph, they type GALACTIC EMPIRE in all caps, but write Death Star just like that. Now, in Episode IV, they write DEATH STAR in all caps, and Galactic Empire like that. Ok, just what in the hell is going on here? I mean, they obviously use caps for emphasis, like I do because getting my blog so use bold or italics is just a bitch, so they capitalized DEATH STAR in Ep.4 because that was the first time we were supposed to have heard of it (I suppose). But by Ep.6, the Galactic Empire is nothing new, especially not worth capitalizing. Now, my theory is that whoever wrote that preamble was trying to tie it in with Ep.4 (this is supported by the fact that many shots in ROTJ are directly stolen from ANH. e.g. the opening shot after the words fade. Watch them both, and you'll notice that if you turn Tattooine into Endor, and it's moon into a half-constructed Death Star (or DEATH STAR), you have the exact same shot. (of course, the Star Destroyer is a different model, as evidenced by visible differences between the forward docking bays.)) ANYWAYS, for that and many other reasons, I think they were trying to tie the two episodes together, hence an all caps title in the yellow words. But why make that mistake? Did no one notice? Did no one have a copy of Ep.4 lying around just to double check themselves? My god man, this minor gaffe was only a miniscule foreshadowing of the chasm of inconsistencies Lucasfilm Ltd. was about to tear open with Episodes I, II, and god-help-us-all-when-it-arrives III.

So there was not much to blog about. And there still isn't, so I'm just making this up as I go. Did you know that the U's basketball team is top of it's conference? Yeah... um... wow, so I really don't have anything to write about. The merciful thing to do would be to end this blog and let you get on with your lives, but perhaps no. Perhaps I will keep you here for all eternity and let you out every now and then and give you pomegranate seeds and blah blah blah. Whoa, I had this dream last night where I rescued Wynona Rider from prison (for shoplifting) and then she wanted to be my loveslave. It was so fucking awesome. But then somehow I got into this jacked up Semi-tractor trailor race. (The semis were jacked up, not the race.) (Actually, the race was pretty jacked up too; Buddy Holly beat me by a fraction of a second.)