Friday, January 26, 2001

Hello webpeople. I am so sorry that I haven't written in so long, but this time its not my fault. I've been here three times since the last time I blogged, but everytime I start writing, one of my good friends shows up on one of my instant messengers So, I end up spending the evening talking to them rather than blogging. So, at long last, my new blog:

I just read my esteemed colleague Bill's latest blog, and I have to agree with his comments on Coldplay. They're a band I would like to like, but I just can't. I think they may have had some promise at one point, but lost it when they decided to be popular. Sell outs!

Well, latest band news: Our bass player says he would like to play with us, but his schedule may be too tight for that to be a possibility. So, you may just be seeing a lineup of guitar, drums, and vocals. (No bass! How dare we?!) Well, you just gotta take what you have sometimes, and in truth, since July of 1997, its really only been Tony and I anyways. We've had two bass players, two lead guitarists, and one singer in addition, but they've all come and gone. So we'll just have to see, huh?

I was reading in the latest edition of Rolling Stone (which is the last one I'll ever get; I let my subscription expire), and the people at GLAAD (the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) are protesting Eminem's four grammy nominations. As well they should! Don't get me wrong, I believe Eminem may be one of the most talented rappers today, but if all his talent is put toward something as lame as his is, then what good is it? And even if he says he doesn't mean what his lyrics say, he can't shirk the responsibility that comes with having so many listeners. People are going to take his lyrics the wrong way. Hell, do you think Manson was right about "Helter Skelter?" But Eminem remains adamant that his lyrics can be so violent and homophobic and people will know that its all just words. I don't know about that. And as long as he's making money for the man, the man isn't going to come down and tell him to change. That pisses me off. Sell outs! Michael Greene, the head of the grammys said: "Don't get the recording confused with the message. We're not honoring the message at all." You're not taking a stand against it, either, dickwad! Does this mean that the words to a song or album really have nothing to do with the music itself? I'd like to write the most perfectly-crafted-pop-single, have it sell millions of copies, and name it "Fuck The Grammys." Then we'll see if that wins any awards, eh? Sell outs!