Friday, September 07, 2012

After work today, I went to feed Sarah's cats, and like last year, I went up on her roof afterwards.  That mysterious empty cage I found last year was still there, but this time it was no longer empty.  There were about five or six dead pigeons locked inside.  I don't know -and maybe don't want to know- what is going on there.

Then I came home and watched the Utes lose to Utah State.  I know you're not supposed to blame a loss on the officiating, but this one makes a stunning case for it.  John Hays threw two TD passes at the end of overtime.  One was called back for offensive passing interference, while the second one wasn't caught because of defensive passing interference which wasn't called.  Utah still may have gone on to lose the game in second OT, but it would be an honest loss.  Not one caused by poor refereeing.

And we watched the last episode of Downton.  Now what are we going to do?