Sunday, September 02, 2012

This morning, Maddy was a wonderful little girl for Mom.  She made her a peanut butter and jelly waffle sandwich and iced coffee and brought it up to her in bed.  She also made a peanut butter "samich" for Liam when he asked for one.

Liam's vocabulary is growing larger daily.  It's getting easier and easier for him to communicate complex thoughts to us, and it's so fun to see how his little mind works.  He's also learning to use the toilet, and we are all very encouraging and proud.

The three of us went to Lowe's to pick up some lumber, then I built a shelf for Maddy's play kitchen using my Kreg Jig for the first time.  I love that tool.  It makes my work look like a real carpenter's.  The shelf I built is designed to hold all of the food for Maddy's kitchen.  I figured she deserved a reward for being such a wonderful girl.

That took up almost my whole day.  After I finished the shelf, I started making the sound baffles for my music room.  But I got way too tired to finish, so we put the kids to bed, read some more Treasure Island, and watched more Downton Abbey.