Saturday, September 15, 2012

Oh man, I had such a migraine this morning.  I ate too many of their cookies last night, and the sugar did it.  I just barely survived work, then I went up to the Westminster campus for the Hope Alliance's Global Health Seminar.  The campus is beautiful.  I wish I had gone there, or new more people who went there.  I wanted to just sit around.  But I also felt like I looked more like a professor than a student.  I was wearing my red vest (for Utah) and my glasses, and I had not trimmed my beard in a few days.  When I had picked up some breakfast at Rocky Mountain Grill, Lori and Margie both commented that I look older, more of a dad and less of a boy.  And Melissa and Cynthia at the Hope Alliance both commented on it as well.

I learned that maybe somebody involved with the Hope Alliance seems to think I'm not qualified for the job.  Since this is a public blog, I'll leave it at that.  But I was very hurt, and I chose to defend myself via email.  That seems to have only made them hate me more.  I shouldn't have said anything.  Darn it.

I couldn't stay at the conference though, because Emily was ill, so I hurried home to her.  I stopped at Bruges again to get her a Machine Gun and me a waffle.  Oh man it's good.  When I got home we just laid on the couch together.  I watched football and tickled her feet.  Maddy played outside almost the entire day.  We went out to get some sunshine later, and I (hopefully) fixed our sprinklers from soaking the dirt next to our house.  Time will tell on that one.

Then Maddy watched the Utah-BYU game with me until she fell asleep on my lap.  I put her in bed at halftime and stayed up to watch the Ute fans rush the field three times, once for each time the clock appeared to hit zero.  It was an awesome end to the game.