Thursday, February 22, 2001

cd: Ani Difranco's "Dilate"
Okay, I should be heading off to school, but I'm going to skip my first class today, 'cos like I said before, its lame as hell. Besides, I got another neck injury last night while skiing. You know how your head begins to fall and you quickly jerk it back up when you are falling asleep in class? Well, that would probably be pretty bad for my neck today, and I'm sure that's what would happen.

Okay, only two grammys were awarded to the right people. First off, Douglas Spotted Eagle won a grammy in the first award given for Native American music. (Ironically, Douglas is Polish.) This morning fox news commemorated the event as "the first time the awards have recognized Native American music as a valid art form." Yeah, I'm sure the Native Americans across the country are really glad that their centuries-old traditions are being recognized by the white folk. I'm reminded of a rant; "...the satan-dog white-hair bitch..."

Second grammy that fell into the right hands: Foo Fighters "There Is Nothing Left To Lose" won best rock album of the year. (Ironically, it was released in 1999.) They deserved this.

Now, if a grammy were actually worth anything, that would mean something.

Well, I'll tell what it does mean: mediaplay fort onion is now going to be well stocked on steely dan's "two against nature;" the "album of the year."

"Down Here" is the album of the year! Didn't those guys read my second blog?