Wednesday, February 21, 2001

cd: Stevie Wonder's "Songs In The Key Of Life"
I watched the first five minutes of the grammys tonight while I was eating dinner. Having skied for the past few hours, I should have avoided television altogether - I was just too exhausted to get upset about it. Madonna performed "music" live... well, not exactly live; there was a dj just playing the pre-recorded backing track. I don't think she was lip-syncing... She still has got to be one of the world's hottest milfs though. Then, our host, jon stewart, came out and watched all his jokes die nameless on the floor before him. Only point of interest in his monologue: he called eminem gay... very gay. But the audience didn't seem interested. Damn. I would have given him a standing ovation for that. Then I would have walked out 'cos the grammys blow.

Aimee Mann didn't win the best pop vocal female performance or whatever its called. The most qualified never wins. Actually, the best never even get nominated. Tracy Bonham should have been a lock on this category. Think about it for a sec... can you honestly argue that britney spears turned in a better performance than Tracy? Well, then I'd like to hear it, 'cos yer wrong.

If someone out there understands senate committee rules, will you please explain something to me? The head of the human resources committee of the senate refused to schedule a hearing on the bill that would make birth control be covered by insurance. And when the last day for the bill to be introduced passed today, the senator just grinned and said, "Damn, it's too late." What is this? Don't we have lots of senators to make this decision, not just one? How does one man have the power to keep a bill from ever being voted on? There must be something I'm not understanding here, 'cos this just seems wrong.

Big surprise here... the white supremacists and the eagle forum have taken the same side. This time its about the hate crimes bill. The supremacists oppose it 'cos they don't want what they do to be against the law. The eagle forum is just against it 'cos it is a great idea. They're against those. The ruzickatistas stand together to fight anything that will make this state, this country, or this world a better place. Where would we be without them? (Utopia?)

On this subject... Jill Sobule admitted that she loves listening to those awful ultra-conservative radio talk shows like doctor laura et al. Why? "I have the same fascination with them as I do with watching nazis on the history channel." Well put.

See? I don't think this website is that cool when I'm not depressed.