Tuesday, February 13, 2001

cd: The Waxwings' "Low To The Ground"
I just bought this cd at their show and had them all sign it. Then I hurried home to listen to it all again. My first reaction to the cd wasn't so hot. I thought they were cool ("a little Taxiride-ish"), but probably not going to be one of my favorite bands. Tonight changed all that. When they're very loud, very raw, and very into it, they are the best band I've seen in a long time. Wow. Their cd is a little calmer, the instruments turned down and toned down a little, and the vocals aren't live. But when its all in your face in a tiny shack in a back alley, there's not much better. Tonight was inspirational. Dominic Romano is one of my new heroes.

The place I saw them at, Kilby Court, is pretty cool too. Its pretty much a little shack in the back of an alley out by the railroad tracks. But the people there are awsome. I met several people tonight (incl. the members of the Waxwings), and felt very comfortable around the type of people there. It probably would have been even better if I had someone to go with me, but oh well, once the music started I zoned out on everything else anyways. I think this is a place I will like to frequent more... frequently.

I think things are all coming together for me.