Saturday, February 17, 2001

cd: Ani Difranco's "Little Plastic Castle" (Still)

So, we attacked Iraq again today. And the Dow dropped again today. I had a bacon-wrapped sirloin steak at sizzler and a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cone at squirrel bros. Mindless kids tried to decimate themselves on state street tonight but failed. So they turned around and tried again. The wierd customers at work tonight didn't seem so wierd. The normal customers didn't seem so normal. The old men with their suits and ties glared at me and the young girls in their abercrombie uniforms stared at me. A pair of headlights just slowly pulled in to my circle looking like the glowing eyes of some disoriented bug that is desperately hoping to re-find the light that just blinded it.

A good friend told me I can't sing.

Some of the friends I miss most aren't separated from me by distance. They're separated from me by time. I wish I could find them all again, tell them I'm sorry, and try to get things back the way they were. But maybe the impossibility is my punishment for my mistakes.

I wish I knew what was happening.