Tuesday, February 13, 2001

cd: The Rosenbergs' "Mission: You"
Yes, pop can still be good. Especially when its from the never-sell-out band, The Rosenbergs. Right after the copyright on the back of the cd, there is a note that their label, Discipline Global Mobile, operates the copyright, but the Rosenbergs hold it themselves, instead of the label. Disclipline refuses to abide by this "'common practice' which was always questionable, often improper, and is now indefinsible." Apparently, a website was promoting a show at which "someone is going to get a record deal." And the Rosenbergs replied "is that a threat?" Shit yeah it's cool! Right now I'm making a tape of this great album which I am borrowing from Bill. I have to wait until february twenty for it to be released. I'll be there at Salt City CDs on that day, believe me.

Things seem to be making sense.