Wednesday, February 14, 2001

cd: The Waxwings' "Low To The Ground" (Again)
See, how am I supposed to perform anywhere without a full band? Why the hell does no one want to devote any time to putting together a band and making it work? Everyone I talk to doesn't want to devote any of their precious time to something that would be a lot of fun. I'd like to say "well, they're missing out," but in truth, I'm the one missing out. I'm worth nothing without a band. I've tried. Believe me, I try every day. I tried to go without a full band, but that's just a joke. It isn't easy, understand? You can't just go out and find good musicians who want to put effort into something worthwhile. They're not in abundance. So, I get to see everything I want in life remain hopelessly out of my reach.

Not that I'm getting that much support from someone I need it from the most. A college degree is all that matters to him. It doesn't matter if I'm miserable and lonely the rest of my life, as long as I have a degree and I've got a job where I'm making a salary somewhat comparable to his. That's all that really matters in the end, isn't it? Money? Yeah, right. So its entirely unacceptable that I can easily forget about money if it means that I can just create my art. I'm not living the good life under those standards. Dammit! All I want is to tour with a band on an indy label. That's it. You can leave the rest up to me. I'll take care of it. But no, apparently that's not the life for me.

Dammit, Quinn, write a new blog!

What is the point of all this?