Wednesday, February 07, 2001

Hi guys and girls. Poe is really really cool, you should listen to her music. Oh, I thought of something that was a little comforting earlier today. You know how I felt guilty working for the man? Well, one thing that is cool is that I am taking the money they pay me, and I'm putting it into local independent businesses - especially (as Quinn and Amy know well) into local (non-chain) restaurants, and a certain used and rare books store. Not to mention the fact that I bought my spectacular guitar at a place called "Local Music," for pete's sake, instead of one of the corporate boihemioths that are sucking the life away from independent instrument retailers. These hellholes, Mars and Guitar Center (formerly known as Musician's Feeblius Dickweed amongst the crew), must pay some fourteen-year-old hack to sit in front of a Marshall half stack with a Jackson and painfully, unsuccessfully try to reconstruct the riff to "Crazy Train," at full volume.

All right, just a thought. Talk to you all soon.